Sage-ing® International (SI), a non profit organization founded in November 2004, is made up of individuals who share a passion for finding meaning in the second half of life. SI helps its affiliates and others
- to learn and to teach sage-ing principles and spiritual practices (often through Sage-ing Chapters);
- to create community where they live (Wisdom Circles);
- to engage locally in service to others.
Sage-ing is a way of living the second half of our lives that is joyful, fulfilling and meaningful.
SI affirms the importance of spirituality and meaning making in the second half of life. We encourage elders
- to learn about sage-ing-related topics,
- to participate in service projects locally
- to create community through local Wisdom Circles
The philosophy of conscious aging known now as sage-ing was first described in the book From Age-ing to Sage-ing: A Profound New Vision of Growing Older, written by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi & Ronald Miller.
Reb Zalman & Sara Davidson discuss "The December Project." Click here for excerpts of their discussions.
Our vision is of an organization that helps elders reclaim their role as leaders, sharing wisdom and spirit essential to creating a better world for current and future generations. We value the importance of learning, service and community as well as respect, integrity, lifelong learning, engaged leadership and compassion that underpin the work that we do. We are committed to transforming the current paradigm of age-ing to sage-ing through
- Learning: We share the Sage-ing philosophy worldwide by providing workshops, conferences, webinars, and publications and we train a network of Sage-ing® Leaders through certification programs.
- Service: We encourage and support elders in serving their families, communities, and others around the world.
- Community: We provide opportunities for individuals on their sage-ing journeys to share and connect with others through an array of interactive opportunities that include but are not limited to chapter programs and wisdom circles.
We collaborate with the Conscious Aging Alliance member groups and others who share our vision.
There are well over 1000 Sage-ing International affiliates eager to welcome you to our numbers.
Sage-ing Will Benefit:
- Anyone in or approaching the second half of their life and seeking a more meaningful path for these elder years
- Anyone willing to face the challenges and opportunities of growing older
- Anyone caring for aging parents
- Professionals working with the aging population
To Learn More:
Become a Member of Sage-ing International (it's free!) and enjoy benefits including:
- Subscription to the Sage-ing Communicator, our quarterly newsletter, and our regular Member Bulletins
- Connections with other like-minded persons
- Current information on training, workshops, conferences, The Sage-ing Workbook, sage-ing books, CDs and DVDs
Read an article on Sage-ing
Learn about a Sage-ing Chapter in your area
Find an upcoming Sage-ing event, class or conference under the "Learning Opportunities" pulldown